Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

{un}healthy muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins



These are one of our favorite muffins that I make. They are whole wheat banana muffins. They are super easy, and because they are healthy, even my husband will eat them. But...this time I added chocolate chips, so I made the perfectly healthy muffin into a bad-for-you muffin (according to my husband hehe) The boys and I thought they were delicious and I will make them with chocolate chips again! I found this recipe online a couple years ago, so I have no link for it now.

2 ripe bananas-mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk mixed with 3/4 tsp lemon juice (let stand a few minutes)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup splenda
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add dry ingredients and bananas to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment