Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Very Hungry Catepillar Party for "W"


I was so excited when a mom friend asked me to do the decorations for her son's first birthday! The theme is Very Hungry Caterpillar, which is super cute for a first birthday. I had so much fun with these decorations!
 
First up are signs for all the fruits on the buffet table. I made a separate sign for each fruit, but only the apple is pictured here.

 
Cute cupcake toppers!

 
I made the Happy Birthday banner a little differently this time. Usually, I make each circle as a tag and run ribbon through to connect them. This time, I attached each circle together to make a caterpillar shape. It was hard to get a picture of it all together at the same time, so I had to take two. And, I'm not very blog layout savvy, so this is the best I could do to get the pictures together. (I make stuff with by hand, not on the computer, for a reason! hehe) The mom said she would send me party photos, so I will have a better one then.






 Since this is all for a first birthday, I had to make the new craze in "banner world", a high chair banner. Can't wait to see it on the high chair during the cake eating action!

 
I also did a "mini" cupcake stand. The 3 layer stands hold way more than 24 cupcakes, and she is having a smaller party, so 2 layers is plenty. I also covered the tops of the boards with scrapbook paper this time. I like the look much better.

 
I made treat bag toppers for the first time. These were easy and fun! The mom will place treats in a clear bag and then staple the card over the top of the bag.
(edited for privacy)

 
I also made a photo banner for a photo of each month of W's first year. I'm really looking forward to seeing that! I can't wait to see all the party photos from this coming weekend. Be sure to check back to see the decorations in action and the cute little birthday boy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment