Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New schedule



On Monday, we started a stricter tv and snack schedule. I was tired of the boys ALWAYS wanting a snack and then maybe or not eating dinner. And we had the tv on from the time they woke up to bedtime. It was just too much. They still watch more tv than they should, but it really is a difference from what we were doing. I'm really only using it when I need it now (i.e. to do chores). We are already fighting less about what to watch and eat and it's great. I give them choices that I know they like and only 2 to pick from. Obviously there have been some complaints about the choices, but I stay strong and eventually they just eat it. They have to eat all of it before they can get something else. So if they don't eat all of a meal, they get it for the next snack. Then they can have another snack choice too after they eat it. I'm doing less dishes and getting more done. And everyone is really fighting less. It's amazing. I hope I can keep it going!

Here is the new schedule:

7-8am tv-usually Mickey Mouse and Jake & the Pirates during which we have to eat breakfast at the table from choices mommy gives (not on the couch so I find it half eaten later urg)
8am-get dressed, etc
8:40 leave for school or whatever activity we have that day
J has snack at school and I give M a snack while we're out. Snack would be around 10 though.
12-lunch at the table from choices mommy gives. We all have to agree and I only make 1 thing (unless I'm having leftovers that I know they won't eat then they eat something else, but the same thing)
12:30-a movie while mommy cleans, etc (we all have to agree on the movie)
2pm or whenever movie is over-snack at the table from choices mommy gives (again, no more half eaten snack I find later on the couch)
tv off and we play or whatever
3pm they usually want another small snack-but it has to be at the table (really, I'm tired of all the food/empty kid bowls in the living room)
4:30 or so-tv show while mommy cooks dinner
5:30 dinner
6:00 play with daddy
6:30 snack and bath before bed
7:00 bedtime

I posted this schedule on facebook, and received some awesome comments back. They really encouraged me that I'm doing the right thing and to keep going. Thanks everyone!

The hubby and I are going through all the toys this weekend. They have way to many toys and it's overwhelming for everyone. We're hoping they will actually play with what they have then and learn how to keep them picked up better. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment: