Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Laundry room reorganization

This is my unorganized laundry room. It drove me crazy. It's not very big, but has good storage in the shelves. 


Floor space on the other hand, was at a premium. It was always crowded with laundry baskets and dirty items to be washed.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to reorganize. I'm annoying like that. :) First I got rid of stuff that didn't belong. Then I found some under-used storage items around the house and used them to organize here. The black basket in the corner is actually a step stool that doesn't work very well as a stool (it slides around a lot-not good for boys learning to go potty). It works great to contain light bulbs. The crate has large towls in it and the small white basket has rags (for cleaning up those potty accidents :p ).  I also found a clear basket to hold small things. 

The only thing I purchased was this 3 hamper sorter from Walmart for $10. I put it together in less than 10 minutes and it's exactly what I needed. The laundry is contained and it frees up the single baskets to put in the boys' room.

So much nicer to do laundry in this space!

1 comment:

  1. Your updated laundry room looks great, Mavis! Mine needs help too - not very big and could use some more storage. I just haven't tackled it yet. Maybe I will get the laundry organizer that you have - it looks like it would work well!

    I'm going to check out Darcie's blog too :)

    ReplyDelete