Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

New Home

Once again, I'm behind on blog posts! I suppose I'm just not meant to be a blogger, but, I like doing it, so I'm going to keep trying! We moved into a new home two weeks ago. We absolutely LOVE our new house. It really does feel like we have finally found our home. So...while there has been no crafting going on, there has been a lot of packing, cleaning, and unpacking! My husband has impressed me so much during this move. He is generally not handy, but he really stepped up to the plate and successfully completed lots of projects to save us lots of money!
 
 
Our play area/toy room always looks like a toy store exploded all over the floor. The boys are terrible about picking up their toys, and I am terrible about making them. The mess totally annoys my husband, so he decided to install shelves high enough so the boys can't reach. Then they get one toy at a time and have to clean it up and ask nicely for a new toy. We've had the shelves for about a week and it's been going ok. My husband is very happy with the new arrangement.



 
Here is my awesome husband installing the shelves himself! I assisted, but really, he did all the work. Our drill has gotten more use the last two weeks than in the whole two years we've had it!



And here is the child that slept through all the drilling even though the couch he's sleeping on is just on the other side of the wall!
 
Crazy kid.
 
The new toy shelves. They have entirely too many toys. hehe :)



The new system in action. Playing with Grandpa's old army men. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment