Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Old sweaters...recycled!

 
Last week I went to a clothing swap with my MOPS friends. It was a blast! There was an obscene amount of clothing for children and adults, plus toys, etc. Everything that wasn't taken home by someone was donated to a local shelter. Anyway, while we were there, I said to my friend Amy, "Can't we make something from these old sweaters? There must be something on Pinterest." Amy, being just as obsessed with Pinterest as I am, said "Yes! We can make boot leggings from the arms!" So we did. :)
 


 
I chose this striped shirt that is somewhat loud as a shirt, but I thought I could pull off as leggings. All I did was cut off the arms! No sewing or anything. I did cut them too long, so I had to fold them over in my boots. I'll be cutting a little more off the next time I wear them.



Here are my boot leggings in action with my new skinny jeans and boots. I love the leggings because they keep my legs warm (so difficult in the winter) and they make my boots fit better. They are just a tad loose at the top.
 

Thanks Amy, for such a great idea! Can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment