Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter Wreath

This is the first year I hung a Christmas wreath on the front door. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to make wreaths for the door for the different seasons. I found this idea from Pinterest at this blog. It sounded easy, so I gave it a try. Mine is much simpler, but still pretty to me.


First I wound yarn around styrofoam balls. I got the yarn on clearance at Joann and Michaels. I used a bit of hot glue to glue the end to the ball, and then wound the yarn around until I got the size I wanted. Then I used another little bit of glue to secure the end of the yarn.


I used white, cream, and gray yarn. I tied each ball onto the wreath form with a small piece of yarn. I found this silver star decorative piece in the Christmas clearance at Michaels and also tied it on with a bit of yarn. Next January, I'll think add a more balls to make a random circle instead of just the basic wreath form circle.



I love how sparkly it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment